Hinnoissa saattaa olla eroa myyntipisteen mukaan.
RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha is a mythic heroic fantasy roleplaying game set in the world of Glorantha, where the gods are active and magic is a part of everyday life. The Hero Wars, apocalyptic battles too determine the fate of the world, are just beginning, and players must become heroes to save their world, achieving great deeds while balancing responsibilities of family, tribe, and the needs of their gods.
This edition marks the triumphant return of one of the oldest and most critically acclaimed gaming settings of all time in a deluxe all-new edition. The flagship book in an ambitious new full-color volume suitable for any gamers, new or experienced, the RuneQuest core ruleulebook presents everything you need to begin adventuring in Glorantha.
Dramatic character creation rules bring Glorantha to life, integrating adventurers into this rich and complex world. Designed in tandem with the Glorantha Bestiary and the Gamemaster Screen Pack, these rules contain everything you need for countless adventures in the fabulous world of Glorantha.
RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha is an all-new edition of one of the world's most influential and acclaimed fantasy roleplaying games. First appearing almost 40 years ago, RuneQuest is as dynamic and vital as ever. This all-new, deluxe edition introduces RuneQuest and its setting of Glorantha to new players everywhere.
Try out a skill-based percentile system that balances experience-based progression with deadly combat!
The core rules of RuneQuest are essential for players and gamemasters, as they contain all the rules for character creation, starting homelands, background history, professions, skills, starting Runes and magic, and the cults and gods whose influence will define your character's activities. Further, the rules for character advancement are contained here, for the times between adventures.
RuneQuest is part of Chaosium's D100 Basic Roleplaying system. It is intuitive and easy to play: virtually all rolls determining success or failure of a task are determined via the roll of percentile dice.
RuneQuest has no character classes or alignments; characters are defined by their culture, the gods they follow, and the Runes that inspire them.
Nor does the RuneQuest system use levels; instead, characters advance in skills and abilities by using them in course of play. Anyone can try to pick a lock, cast a spell, or decipher some ancient runic script.
Combat in RuneQuest is exciting, immersive, visceral and always potentially deadly; players should be mindful even the lowliest trollkin can take out an experienced warrior with a lucky blow.
Players will want this book to create their unique characters, diving into sorcery, picking their cult, or taking up shamanism to converse with mysterious spirits.
Gamemasters need this book, as it contains the core rules for the game, including task resolution, combat, and damage, as well as guidelines for special situations in combat, such as formations and chariots. These core rules are designed to be used in conjunction with the upcoming Glorantha Bestiary and the RuneQuest Gamemaster Pack and Screen.
Have you played Call of Cthulhu? You will pick up RuneQuest in no time thanks to our Basic Roleplaying System! Take the battle to the foul minions of chaos!
Two Rules to Remember
You might be getting the feeling that with multiple editions and more than 40 years of existence, that RuneQuest and Glorantha are big! And they are. But Bigger than you can manage? A steep wall that can't be climbed? Nothing could be further from the truth!
Over the years, Glorantha has existed in many incarnations — roleplaying games, boardgames, computer games, fiction, etc. — and many inconsistencies have crept in, or been deliberately introduced. That's a good thing! Myths have many versions, and the mythic world of Glorantha is no different, with wildly divergent beliefs about how the world works, how history played out, the influence of groups and individuals, etc. This perfectly sets the stage for you, whether a player or gamemaster, to determine your own vision of the world and how things work for you and your fellow players.
Two important principles have developed among fans of the setting, and should always be kept in mind:
* Your Glorantha May Vary — This is the belief that you and your group are ultimately the ones who decide what the world is like. You can use or ignore published materials, change them as desired, and introduce your own elements to Glorantha. Think of it like a buffet: you can take what you want and leave the rest. Combine things to suit your own taste. You know better than anyone else what works for you.
* Maximum Game Fun — If an aspect of your game is fun, that's a good thing. If something is not fun, whether it's rules lawyering or excessive attention to background, then ignore it or de-emphasize it. The point of playing this game — or any other — is enjoyment, and anything that stands in the way of that experience should be carefully rejected.
This new edition has been explicitly written with the goal of approachability, reaching out to new players and gamemasters as well as returning fans, making sure that the game line remains vital and engaging for everyone.
These rules are backward-compatible with the previous versions of RuneQuest from Chaosium and the scenarios.
Are you a fan of old-school RuneQuest? Use RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha to augment your current campaign.
Want to keep playing the classics with the new rules? Take advantage of our conversion guide, also included in the core rulebook.
* Character creation, homelands, skills, cults, passions and honor, combat, three types of magic, shamanism, the spirit world, experience and improvement, sacred time between adventures, wealth and gear, and more.
* Gorgeous full-color illustrations bring the mythic ancient world of Glorantha to life as never before.
* Written and re-designed for new and experienced players alike, yet fully compatible with prior editions of RuneQuest, giving gamemasters and players an incredible resource of existing material ready and available for use.
* Written and developed by an all-star team ledd by Glorantha and HeroQuest author Jeff Richard, featuring RuneQuest luminaries Greg Stafford, Steve Perrin Sandy Petersen, Ray Turney, and Ken Rolston, Basic Roleplaying author Jason Durall, and gaming industry legend Chris Klug.
* The core rulebook for the new RuneQuest, this book is a must-have for all RuneQuest players.
* A long-awaited and desired reunion of the Glorrantha setting and the RuneQuest rules.
* A conversion guide enables players to bring their adventurers from prior editions up-to-date.
* This 448-page full-color hardcover rulebook has a heavy cover, sewn binding, and a red ribbon bookmark.
Version: 4th Edition Chaosium RuneQuest
Authors: Greg Stafford, Jeff Richard, Jason Durall, Steve Perrin
Cover Artist: Andrey Fetisov
Artist(s): Rick Becker, Bernard Bittler, Simon Bray, William Church, Miguel Coronado, Gene Day, Andrey Fetisov, Piotr Foksowicz, Lisa Free, Merle Insigna, Tomasz Jedruszek, Kalin Kadiev, Roman Kisyov, Rachel Kahn, Jennifer Lange, Rhonda Libbey, Michelle Lockamy, Juha Makkonen, Mike Mignola, Christine Mitzuk, Luise Perrene, Kevin Ramos, Roger Raupp, Jakob Rebulka, Alex Ries, Naomi Robinson, Simon Roy, Olivier Sanfilippo, Luoto Sari, Tobias Tranell, Cory Trego-Erdner
Cartography: Olivier Sanfilippo, Darya Makarava, Colin Driver
Design & Layout: Simeón Cogswell, Malcolm Wolter
448 Pages, Full Color, Hardcover
Tuotteen lisäyspäivä: 02.11.2018.