GURPS 4. Thaumatology
Osamaksulla: 9.00€ / kk
Julkaisija: Steve Jackson Games
Every myth, fantasy story, and anthropological study has its own ideas on magic. Is it intuitive art or numerical science, insanity or perfect control, a quest for divinity or demonic blasphemy? For the roleplayer who wants to game out interesting, evocative ideas about magic, it may be all of the above. GURPS Thaumatology provides the systems to make magic work however we imagine it, while keeping it consistent and playable.
GURPS Thaumatology is a collection of the best magic rules and systems from Third Edition – from GURPS Spirits, Cabal, Voodoo, Celtic Myth, and Religion to numerous articles from Pyramid (including Unlimited Mana!) – updated for Fourth Edition. It also has new tweaks to the spell-based magic of the Basic Set, guidelines for running magic-orientated games, and notes for adapting real-world occult beliefs into the system.
Weighing in at 272 pages, this grimore is vital for any campaign using magic, from high fantasy wizards throwing fireballs . . . to seedy urban mages in the modern world . . . to bizarre worlds with multiple opposing systems of magic.
• GURPS Thaumatology brings together the best and most diverse systems of magic from GURPS’ past, and updates them to Fourth Edition – from Unlimited Mana to Cabal’s occult.
• Phil Masters has worked on a wide variety of odd magic rules for GURPS – Hellboy Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game, Discworld RPG, GURPS Castle Falkenstein.
• GURPS Thaumatology is a toolkit, detailing the tweaks and options you need to emulate your favorite magic system from fiction, or to create your own!
• GURPS Thaumatology combines the best variant magic rules for GURPS from Third Edition (updated, of course) with all-new material for Fourth Edition into one massive tome.
• This 272-page hardcover is full-color, and side-stitched for extra durability.